Thursday, December 18, 2008

2008 In Retrospect

I think it is safe to say that I lived this last year to the fullest. It was full of spectacular events:

We started the year of 2008 at the Hilton, three stories of fun with four different dance floors. We ended up spending most of the night dancing to a live band doing a mix of 80's classics. It was one big party and unforgettable fun.


For our second anniversary I surprised Alex with a trip to Seattle, complete with a room at the posh hotel, The Alexis, and a trip to the Fry Museum where they hosted a spectacular exhibit of Robert Crumbs work. You don't have to travel far from home in order to escape the ordinary.


Our baby boy Mojo came bounding into our lives early in the summer. I felt an indescribable need to find a dog to adopt into our home. After a lot of thought and deliberation we visited a Min Pin rescue and once we saw Mojo the search was over.


We had the pleasure of accompanying our dear friends Jason and Cornell to the British Invasion themed bash of the year. It was a circus! Fun booths, body paint, and a very talented band none other than the Fab Four. Even though imbibed a little too much to be any good to anyone the next day, it was so worth it.

Another year and another Pow Wow. The whole crew was back for the week long camping
trip. Only this time, for the first time since I had started going, Eric and his girlfriend Stephanie made the trip. Nothing like five or so days straight without a real shower.

Alex and I stowed away to the little Eastern Oregon town of Fossil for a weekend and it was one of the most incredible trips of my life. To think we have so many natural treasure right here in Oregon, it makes me realize how lucky we are to live here.



We left the states for a week and took our first trip to the Caribbean. Words can not express what the Caribbean ocean feels like and pictures can only give you a glimpse of its beauty. I feel grateful that we were able to experience the peaceful serenity that is the Dominican Republic.


On Halloween 2008 Alex and I made the big step and moved in together. Thanks to my good friend Justin we found a three bedroom two story house for a very affordable price. It's got lots of room for our boy to run around and enough space that we feel like it's got room for both of our big personalities.


December 7th 2008 Alex and I went to the Rose Garden to see Nine Inch Nails perform live. I had never imagined I would be seeing the powerhouse in person yet there he was on stage. The man doesn't even need a mike, his vocals are out of this world. We had amazing seats and I don't think that concert experience will ever be beat.


Despite the first snow storm of 2008 hitting Portland, my brother, Alex and I made it downtown to see Bruce Campbell live. He was in town promoting his lates movie, 'My name is Bruce.' and hosted a special Q and A session afterwords. Though it was 22 degrees and snowing we took the max to the city, made it on time, got to have a few words with our superhero and made it back safely in a cab.

Two weeks to go in 2008, in retropsect, no regrets, nothing but found memories and a feeling that there are more good things to come.

1 comment: