Sunday, December 28, 2008

Broccoli and Lima Beans


After four days of holiday festivities back on the ranch I relished the opportunity to eat some vegetables. Strange as it may seem I just wanted something green. After inhaling more cheese in a few days than I had consumed in the last year I felt overjoyed to sit down with a plate of broccoli, lima beans, soup and a slice of homemade bread. It was good fuel for the day and though my house work didn't seem to get done, I did spend an hour and a half with my weights and work out mat. It's never to early to start good habits for the new year. I tried out some complimentary work outs on comcast's on demand channel and to my delight I found a set that met all of my needs. Work out: one on one with Jackie has three 20 minute circuit training routines concentrating on upper body, lower body, and the core. Believe it or not it's hard to find work out videos that have all of the necessary elements. A not so bubbly fitness instructor who can manage to do the same repetitions on each side while reminding you to breath and gives tips on good posture is key. This means I will probably have to purchase it. Today was a pretty good start to the week and tomorrow is of course, another day.

2 comments:

  1. You know what ... you could make these videos. Why work out for nothing when you could maybe generate a revenue stream, with your energy, ability to connect with the camera, and vibrant personality?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, thanks for the complement but I am still an exercise amateur. I think people also expect some kind of certification or license as well.

    ReplyDelete